CGIAR: A Global Research Partnership
New brochure highlights how CGIAR advances science to ensure a food secure future
The CGIAR has embraced a new approach that leverages its strengths around the world and spurs new thinking about agricultural research for development, including innovative ways to pursue scientific work and the funding it requires. The CGIAR brings donors together for better results and enables scientists to focus more on the research through which they develop and deliver big ideas for big impact. As a result, the CGIAR is more efficient and effective, and better positioned than ever before to meet the development challenges of the 21st century.
Our new brochure outlines:
- why agricultural research is one of the most effective and cost-effective ways to alleviate poverty and hunger;
- past success stories and promising technologies, policies, and approaches;
- key assets and benefits of the CGIAR;
- current research programs and their potential impact; and
- how investing through the CGIAR Fund gives donors better value for money.